CPD certified E-learning programme, online management of Sepsis training, course suitable for doctors, nurses, dentists, domiciliary carers, care home staff.
Our online Sepsis training healthcare provider was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and is an ideal learning solution for:
- Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Locums
- Allied Health Professionals (AHPs)
- Senior Health & Social Care Support Workers
- Care Home Staff, Domiciliary Carers.
Online Sepsis Management, what’s covered?
- What is sepsis?
- Sepsis, septicaemia and blood poisoning
- Who is at risk & how to spot sepsis
- Symptoms in children under five
- Symptoms in older children and adults
- Vital signs (clinical observations) & shock
- When to get medical help
- Causes of sepsis, sources of infection, how does the infection spread?
- People at risk of Sepsis
- Diagnosis, treatment & initial management of sepsis
- Tests to diagnose sepsis & emergency treatment
- Antibiotics & types of antibiotics
- Viral infections
- Intravenous fluids & Oxygen therapy
- Treating the source of infection
- Increasing blood pressure
- Other treatments for sepsis
- Recovering from sepsis.
- Why is this course important?
- Statistics and critical facts
- Relevant legislation and regulatory framework
- Know what sepsis is & who is at risk
- Identify and initiate appropriate treatment plans
- Know how to spot sepsis in children and adults
- Identify patients at risk of deteriorating and escalate their care
- Know the causes and symptoms of sepsis
- Know the national guidelines for treating sepsis
- Refer to local policies and procedures relating to the management of sepsis.
- On completion of this online training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry, as you can re-take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
This online Sepsis management, training for healthcare course programme and all of our online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.