CPD certified E-learning programme, end of life care, suitable for nurses, doctors, domiciliary carers, care home staff.
This course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and will help to enhance the training and education of health and social care staff so that they deliver high quality palliative care.
Our online end of life training for carers course will aid the healthcare professional, or the care home staff member to become confident, competent and support people who are at the end of life.
- Introduction to end of life care & statistics
- Individuals involved in end of life care
- Key definitions, abbreviations relating to end of life care
- Understanding palliative care
- Individuals involved in palliative care
- Palliative care services and effective communication skills
- End of life diagnosis
- Understanding the patient journey
- Advance care planning and importance of planning for future care
- Varying cultural and spiritual needs towards the end of life
- Nursing care
- Positives of end of life care
- The dying process
- End of life care coordination & “Best interest” decisions
- Principles of recordkeeping
- Tips for conducting sensitive conversations
- Ethical considerations relating to end of life care
- Equality, diversity and human rights
- Medication management
- The death trajectory & the final minutes of life
- The bereavement phase and consequences for families and caregivers.
On completion of this online end of life care course you will be required to complete an online assessment, which has a pass mark of 80%. If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
This online palliative care course is an ideal training solution for all healthcare professionals, including nurses, doctors, but also care home staff and domiciliary carers and is available with free end of life care certification, which can be downloaded and printed on successful completion of training.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).