Our infection control training presentations are clear and concise and this online infection control course for the healthcare & social care sectors was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meets the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Resuscitation Council (UK), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
What is covered in this level 2, e-learning infection control healthcare training course?
- An introduction to infection prevention and control & why this is important within the workplace
- Health care associated infections (HAI’s), The ‘chain of infection’ and how to ‘break the chain’
- Standard/universal precautions for infection prevention
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste, safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments, effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps, management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ for hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques, appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of the health care workers can be a risk to others
- Where to find additional information about infection prevention (e-learning learning resources)
At the end of this e-learning infection prevention training course for health & social care workers you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of the assessment you will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.