CPD Certification, CSTF aligned online infection control training, e-learning course for Doctors, Locums, Nurses, GP’s, Paramedics and all healthcare professionals. Also suitable for the care home environment, domiciliary carers.
This online infection control training answers many questions on infection control for the healthcare & social care provider. It is an ideal e-learning training solution for NHS nurses, doctors, social care workers, including domiciliary carers.
Additionally, this e-learning course is also suitable for any medical professional or residential care home staff member who is required to hold an up to date cross contamination & infection control training course certificate.
Importantly, our course presentations are clear and concise. This online infection control course for the healthcare & social care sectors was developed in line with the latest UK legislation. It also meets the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS).
Also the Resuscitation Council (UK), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
What is covered in this level 2, e-learning infection control course?
- Introduction to prevention and control & why this is important within the workplace
- Healthcare associated infections (HAI’s) and how to ‘break the chain’
- Standard/universal precautions and prevention
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste, safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments, effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps, management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ of hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques, appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of the health care workers can be a risk to others
At the end of this e-learning cross contamination programme for health & social care workers you will be required to complete an assessment. This assessment has a pass mark of 80%.
Importantly, on successful completion of the assessment you will be able to download a FREE infection control for healthcare training certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence of compliance.
Additional Training Available
It should be noted that we can help healthcare professionals stay compliant with Sepsis management training. We offer an Online Sepsis Management training and also an Online Sepsis Awareness course.
Additionally, we also offer a dedicate infection control training website. This e-learning platform offers many additional training courses. Additional information can be found by following this link to our Online Infection Control Training website.
Finally, all of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.