Our online health & safety course for social care will help you stay compliant with your training requirements by offering:
- The learner with an understanding of the key legislation
- Provide an understanding of hazard spotting and risk assessments
- Enable learners to apply trained concepts to their work practice
- Provide an awareness of accident, incident and near miss reporting
- Provide essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
Free health & safety training for healthcare certification is available on successful completion of this course, which can be downloaded and printed for your records.
What is covered in this course?
- Awareness of related accidents and illnesses
- Legal responsibilities and requirements
- Awareness of policies and procedures
- Define and be aware of workplace hazards
- Define risk, accident and harm
- Relate concepts to your workplace environment
- Awareness of individual responsibilities to cooperate with employers
- Awareness of the consequences of incorrect use of equipment
- Risks associated with display screen equipment and other work aids
- Awareness of risk assessment procedures
- First aid requirements in the workplace
- Manual handling risks including slips, trips and falls
- Basic fire safety awareness and individual responsibilities
- Basic infection and prevention awareness, including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The importance of self-awareness and awareness of work related stress
- Awareness of occupational hazards in the workplace
- Basic lone working awareness
- RIDDOR (including April 2012 update)
- Accident Reporting and Record Keeping
- Waste management guidance including:
- The management of general waste
- The management and disposal of sharps
- Sharps Safety – sharps control measures and precautions
- Sharps Safety – sharps practices
- Sharps Safety – dealing with contaminated sharps
- What to do following a sharps injury
- Where to get further information: (additional online learning resources)
Our online health & safety training and social care courses should be completed by all care and social care staff and this can include voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locums, doctors, professionals & providers, agency nurses and care assistants can also complete our e learning courses.
Our health and safety course prices are very competitive and our online health and safety training and social care courses are also relevant for social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
Assessment and Certification
At the end of this e-learning course, you will be required to complete an online assessment and on successful completion of the knowledge test, which requires a 80% pass mark, you will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.