CPD certified E-learning programme, online management training of medications, course suitable for nurses, AHP’s, midwives.
Our online medication training nurses & AHP’s course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and is an ideal learning solution for:
- Registered Nurses & Midwives
- Allied Health Professionals (AHPs)
- Senior Health & Social Care Support Workers
- Healthcare workers who handle and administer medications.
Online Medication Management Training, what’s covered?
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Legislation & Regulations
- Unit 3: Understanding Medicines & Prescriptions
- Unit 4: Prescription & Administration of Medicines
- Unit 5: Methods of Administering Medications
- Unit 6: Safe Administration of Medicines
- How the law affects the way practitioners can manage and administer medicines
- Some medical and technical terms
- Effect of age on the body and its impact on medications
- Know the different types of medicines
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to administer medicines within the health and care settings
- Identify the need for accurate written documentation and audit in the safe handling of medication
- How to deal with special requirements such as “when required” medications and controlled drugs
- Importance of labels and prescriptions of medicines
- How drugs act on the body and major organs
- Side effects and adverse drug reactions of prescribed medicines
- Know how to deal with side effects, adverse drug events, drug interactions
- Ensure best practice is followed for the supply, storage of medicines within the care setting.
On completion of this safe handling & management of medication online training course, you will be required to complete an online training assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
If you do not pass this online assessment the first time, don’t worry, as you can re-take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.