CPD certified E-learning programme, chaperone online training, suitable for healthcare providers, doctors, nurses, dentists.
Our online Chaperone training for healthcare & social care providers is an ideal learning solution for:
- NHS Nurses & Doctors (Junior or senior medical staff)
- Locum Doctors, Paramedics
- Healthcare Assistants
- Care home staff & Domiciliary carers
- Definition of a chaperone and intimate examination
- Current chaperone guidance
- Current GMC guidance for doctors, nurses, physiotherapists
- Current HCPC guidance for allied health professionals
- Who are suitable chaperones and should they be medically qualified?
- What makes an ideal chaperone and requirements
- The role and why and when would a chaperone be required?
- Dignity and respect
- Chaperone for children and young people
- When to offer a chaperone
- Local chaperone policies and dealing with patient requests
- What if the patient refuses a chaperone or if not one available
- Checklist for intimate examinations
- Before the examination
- What is valid consent, implied consent & expressed consent
- Key aspects of obtaining consent
- During and after the examination
- Where misunderstandings may occur in practice
- Confidentiality and patient information
- Caldicott principles and Data Protection
- Raising concerns and whistle blowing in practice
- Public interest and disclosure responsibilities
- Protection for healthcare workers
- Documentation and record-keeping
- Cases studies & key points to remember
- End of course assessment and certification.
This online chaperone training healthcare provider course is available with free chaperone training certification, which will be available for you to download and print on successful completion of this e-learning course. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
This online training course and all of our e-learning programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.