CPD certified online cpr training for doctors, nurses, locums, & health care providers and professionals.
Our online bls training for the health care professional was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) 2015 guidelines for the management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults, including choking (basic life support training algorithms).
This basic life support training e-learning course for healthcare providers, nurses, dooctors, locums & GP’s course also meets the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Who is this basic life support training course for?
Our online basic life support training is suitable for all health care or social care professionals working with adults in clinical and or non-clinical staff roles, in the NHS, private health care and also within community settings including:
- Doctors, GP’s, Locums
- NHS and also agency nurses
- Allied health professionals
- Health care assistants (HCAs)
- Health and social care support workers
- Nursing and residential care home staff
Online basic life support training Healthcare course, what’s covered?
- An introduction to basic life support (BLS) & why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger, check for Responsiveness, shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift), check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compression’s
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compression’s, how to deliver effective rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR and knowing when to stop CPR
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
- Where to get additional information about adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (online learning BLS resources)
- On completion of this online basic life support training e-learning course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%). If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Basic Life Support Training Online – CPR & BLS training courses for health & social care professionals – On successful completion of this basic life support training e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print a quality assured CPD certificate.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.