CPD certified, online course for dental nurses, technicians & dentistry staff.
There are many training modules available within this online course for the dental environment and the aims and objective of this e-learning mandatory training for dental nurse’s course package is to help dental nurse’s & technicians meet their statutory requirements for the NHS and the private healthcare sector and also their professional code of conduct.
This course can either cover induction training, refresher, or as annual training update for the dental nurse or technician.
Who is this course suitable for?
This mandatory training for the dental nurse & dentistry technician online course programme is an ideal learning platform that can be completed at a time that is convenient to you and is an ideal solution for:
- The dental nurse who works for the NHS
- The dental nurse working within the private practice
- The dental nurse working for locum or agencies
- Dental Technicians
- Non-clinical dental practice staff who can select the appropriate courses for their role
E-learning mandatory programme, what’s covered?
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints & Consent Handling
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control LevelS 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation – Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
When you register for this programme you will will be provided with all the individual modules listed above, however you can select the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific working environment.
N.B: If you are a locum dentist, dental nurse or technician, you must check with your agency regarding the specific mandatory programme modules you require to meet your compliance requirements.
On completion of this mandatory training for the dental nurse online course you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge. Once completed free online mandatory training for the dental nurse course certification will be available as a download from within your own secure training area.
Certification is available for each module successfully completed on this e-learning course, which you will be able to download, save and/or print for your records.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our online courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.