Intermediate life support (ILS) course suitable for dentists, dental nurses, doctors, Locums, Paramedics, GP’s, via e-learning
This online ILS training programme is CPD certified and also holds a level 3 certification and is available with a free ils course certificate, which can be downloaded and printed on successful completion of training.
This course is and ideal training solution for dentists, dental nurses, hygienists, technicians, doctors, locums, GP’s, paramedics, or any healthcare provider who would like to gain level 3 immediate life support training certification.
What is covered in this level 3 e-learning ILS course?
- Causes and prevention of cardio-respiratory arrest
- Aims of basic life support
- Legal obligations, DNACPR forms
- Chain of survival, early recognition, early CPR, early defibrillation
- Post resuscitation care, early recognition of the deteriorating patient, National Early Warning Score (NEWS), SEWS
- ABCDE to the deteriorating patient, ABCDE approach – underlying principles, ABCDE approach in practice, DRSABCD
- Causes and recognition of airway obstruction, treatment of airway obstruction, choking, mild choking, severe choking, treatment of choking
- Adult algorithm, paediatric algorithm, small child – baby algorithm
- Breathing problems, recognition and treatment of breathing problems
- Anaphylaxis, recognition and treatment of Anaphylaxis
- Circulation problems, identification and treatment of circulation problems, acute coronary syndromes
- Disability, AVPU scale, Glasgow Coma Scale, treatment of disability
- Exposure, full examination, heat maintenance, privacy and dignity
- Advanced life support (ALS) algorithm, confirming cardiac arrest, chest compression’s
- Shockable rhythms (VT & VF), automated external defibrillation (AED), AED algorithm, AED safety considerations
- Non-shockable rhythms, Manual defibrillation, considerations during CPR
- Reversible causes, Hypoxia, Hypovolemia, Hypothermia, Hypokalaemia/Hyperkalaemia, Tension Pneumothorax, Tamponade (cardiac), Toxins, Thrombosis (pulmonary)
- Coronary thrombosis
- Airway and ventilation
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest treatment
- When to stop CPR
- CPR variations (adult and paediatric)
- Second survey
- Recovery position
- Resuscitation team roles
ILS Training Course Certification
At the end of our level 3 online ILS training dentists course programme you will be required to complete an e-learning assessment, which has a a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of the assessment you will then be able to download and print your certification..
We also offer an additional level 3 training course that is suitable for dentist’s & dental nurses, or anyone who works within a dental surgery. Safeguarding children is a requirements and we also offer a Level 3 Online Safeguarding Children course.
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.