CPD certified E-learning programme, online bls training suitable for Pharmacists & Pharmacy technicians, or staff.
This online course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and will help you meet your basic life support training, BLS, CPR course requirements.
Our e-learning bls course covers how to recognise when someone is unwell and provides the Pharmacist & Pharmacy technician with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding basic life support (BLS) & cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This online level 2 bls training course will also provide you with a full understanding of the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidance for adult basic life support & resuscitation.
Our online bls training is an ideal learning platform for Pharmacist’s & Pharmacy technicians, or the Pharmacy student, or any healthcare professional who would like to gain level 2 basic life support training certification.
- Introduction to BLS
- Basic life support, why is it important?
- The chain of survival
- Importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely, check for Danger
- Check for Responsiveness & shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compression’s
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compression’s
- How to deliver effective rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR
- Knowing when to stop CPR
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
On completion of this online bls training Pharmacists, Pharmacy technicians & healthcare providers course you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
This course is available with free bls training certification, which will be available for you to download and print on successful completion of this e-learning course. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
This online cpr training course suitable for the Pharmacist & Pharmacy technician, and all of our e-learning programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.