- What is health and safety?
- Awareness of health and safety related accidents
- Health and Safety in the workplace, Legal responsibilities and requirements
- Awareness of health and safety policies and procedures
- Define and be aware of workplace hazards, Define risk, accident and harm
- Relate health and safety concepts to your workplace environment
- Awareness of individual responsibilities to cooperate with employers
- Awareness of the consequences of incorrect use of equipment
- Risks associated with display screen equipment and other work aids
- Awareness of risk assessment procedures
- First aid requirements in the workplace
- Manual handling risks including slips, trips and falls
- Basic fire safety awareness and individual responsibilities
- Basic infection and prevention awareness, including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The importance of self-awareness and awareness of work related stress
- Awareness of occupational hazards in the workplace, Basic lone working awareness
- RIDDOR (including April 2012 update), Accident Reporting and Record Keeping
- Waste management guidance including: The management of general waste, The management and disposal of sharps
- Sharps Safety – sharps control measures and precautions, sharps practices, dealing with contaminated sharps
- What to do following a sharps injury
- Where to get further information on safety and welfare at work (additional online learning resources)
Our online health and safety training healthcare course programme is ideal for doctors, GP’s, Locums, nurses, paramedics, domiciliary carers, care home staff, or anyone who works within the social care industry and would like to gain valid and up to date safety certification.
Social care workers can be at risk during their working day, through many situations for example aggression and knowing how to handle situation like this is vital. Covering subjects like workplace policies and procedures, risk assessing to handling of complaints, our programme will help you stay compliant with your workplace course requirements.
CPD certification, e-learning health & safety training course programme online for doctors, nurses, locums, GP’s, paramedics, residential care homes and all healthcare professionals and workers.