- Understanding to what safeguarding children and young people means
- Child development and negative influences on it
- An awareness of the key legislation and guidance in relation to the safeguarding of vulnerable children and young people
- How to be aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations
- How to be able to document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including:
- Taking adequate history
- Performing a physical examination in ways that are deemed appropriate in line with current legislation relating to safeguarding and protection of children and young people
Assessing parenting capacity
- The forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information and where appropriate analysis of risk posed
- Work in partnership with others, including:
- Completing local reviews
- Including child death reviews
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- How to participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to vulnerable children and young children, and their families/guardians where safeguarding concerns have been raised
- How to be familiar with your local organisational protocols and referral processes to your local safeguarding team and/or social services, and how to minimise barriers in the referral process
- How to be aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams
Our level 3 child protection training NHS staff programme is available to all healthcare and social care providers, including doctors, nurses, GP’s, childminders, school teachers and teaching staff.
This course contains easy to understand content and this e-learning course for the health care profession & provider follows the recommendations the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
CPD certified level 3 online safeguarding children training course, suitable learning platform for doctors, nurses, care home and social care staff.